Case: TP-Link WR740N becomes unresponsive, devices on the network reporting no cable connection, but cable is okay. Rebooting the router causes it to come back online, but become unresponsive minutes later.
Possible VPNFilter malware attack.
- Unplug WAN
- Power cycle (reboot) the router
- Do a factory reset
- Connect via cable
- Set new, secure, username and password
- Disable remote administration
- Connect back WAN
Another good practice is to routinely power cycle the router, every couple of months.
- This Is How Often You Should Be Rebooting Your Router – Reader’s Digest
- Did you reboot your router yet? Make sure to do so and soon. – Avast Blog
Did this solve your issue?
RIGHT NOW THIS HAS 0% SUCCESS RATE.
TOTAL VOTES: 0