Case: While setting up a static mount in /etc/fstab got the wrong settings and now Ubuntu won’t boot. Fixing fstab is required.
- Enter the GRUB menu at boot time:
Shiftif you are booting with BIOS
– or –
Escif you are booting with UEFI
- When the menu loads, with your cursor focused on the default option (ex: Ubuntu), press
efor command line
- At the bottom of the parameters list, find Linux and add to it’s parameters
mount -n -o remount,rw /
* or whatever is the relevant file editor for your distro
- Comment the section where UUID’s are wrong with a
- Set up static mounts properly this time.