Case: Error received when installing Lubuntu 16.04 from an Alternate Image (for low-RAM pc’s) on an Asus EEE-PC 1015PW.
- On the (l)Ubuntu boot screen, run advanced mode (F6)
- Close the pop-up menu
- In the text line with boot options, type “b43.allhwsupport=1” before the —
- Press F4 to choose install mode
- Select OEM Install
- Run the installation process, plugged in via ethernet
- Complete the installation and reboot
- Open a terminal, run
- When system loads, monitor Task Manager and wait for any
aptprocesses to complete
- Reboot and you’re good to go.
* if you need more 3rd party drivers installed, use the Additional Software app, or whatever is available with your distro.