Case: Error received when installing Lubuntu 16.04 from an Alternate Image (for low-RAM pc’s) on an Asus EEE-PC 1015PW.
- On the (l)Ubuntu boot screen, run advanced mode (F6)
- Close the pop-up menu
- In the text line with boot options, type “b43.allhwsupport=1” before the —
- Press F4 to choose install mode
- Select OEM Install
- Run the installation process, plugged in via ethernet
- Complete the installation and reboot
- Open a terminal, run
- When system loads, monitor Task Manager and wait for any
aptprocesses to complete
- Reboot and you’re good to go.
* if you need more 3rd party drivers installed, use the Additional Software app, or whatever is available with your distro.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.